Pricing may vary depending on the travel date. Click on BOOK IT to see detailed pricing information.
Please remember to book a reservation for everyone you’re bringing along on your DreamTrip before you travel. Otherwise, they’ll be charged the hotel’s prevailing rate, not the trip price.
This DreamTrip is for adults only.
A child age 16 or older is charged the adult rate. Children under 16 are not allowed on this trip. Age is determined at the time of travel.
Price does not include visas, personal travel insurance, drinks or gratuities.
Please notify Travel Support
in advance if you have any dietary requirements or restrictions.
You are required to make your own arrangements to stay overnight in Entebbe the night before the trip starts, and to be ready at your accommodations for your included 6 a.m. transfer to the domestic terminal of Entebbe International Airport (EBB). To ensure timely transfers, it is recommended that you stay at the Boma Hotel in Entebbe the night before this DreamTrip begins.
The return flights between Entebbe and Kihihi are included in the trip price; however, if there is a change in the price of the flights, that is beyond our control. A small surcharge may be applicable.
There is a 33.1-pound (15-kilogram) weight limit for luggage for the flights between Entebbe and Kihihi.
The tour operator on this trip provides comprehensive passenger and public liability insurance; however, this is not the same as travel insurance
. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip. It is imperative that you check with your doctor prior to booking for the current requirements for inoculations (for example, yellow fever and malaria vaccines) for travel to and from East Africa. Members must also be free of any contagious diseases, such as cold or flu, and will be assessed for these at the start of the gorilla trek; guests may be turned away if they are exhibiting symptoms.
We recommend bottled drinking water to avoid any contamination or parasites, plus bring medicine with you on the trip in event of upset stomach or diarrhea.Gorilla sightings are not guaranteed.Gorilla trek:
• Please be prepared for any rapid changes in weather.
• Please be prepared for strenuous activity as you will be hiking in heat and at high altitudes.
• Tracking times and conditions can vary greatly as the gorillas move continuously through the rain forest; the terrain is often steep and through areas where there are no marked paths. A walking stick will be provided at the start of the trek.
• This excursion includes a guide who will help you pick a porter to assist with carrying your daypack while you enjoy the trek.
• To tip your guide, use the tip box (if provided) or give the tip to the main guide who will distribute among the trackers and game guards; we recommend US$20 per guest per day.
• Porters are not included in this excursion. You may hire a porter for an extra US$20 per porter per day (salary); the tip will vary depending on the workload, but we suggest US$15 per porter per day.
• The porters do not have tracking permits and will stop a short distance from the point where you will be viewing the gorillas; remember to take what you need (cameras, etc.) from your daypack in order to view the gorillas (and leave valuables at the lodge).
• You will be allowed up to 1 hour to view the gorillas from when they are sighted by your group. (This is to ensure that the wild animals are not overexposed to human presence.)
• You will also be required to keep minimum distances from them — generally 16-23 feet (5-7 meters) — which your guides will enforce.
• Your permit is valid for 1 day. Any permits for additional days are at your own expense.Recommended list for daypack for the gorilla trek:
• Water — we recommend 1-2 liters per person.
• High-energy snacks in addition to the packed lunch provided by the lodge.
• Waterproof bag to protect photographic equipment, etc.
• Extra film, lenses and batteries for videos and cameras.
• A hat, sunscreen and insect repellent; adhesive bandages are optional, but recommended.
• A lightweight waterproof jacket or poncho .
• Gloves (such as gardening gloves).We also recommend that you bring the following on this DreamTrip:
• Reusable water bottle.
• A sweater or fleece.
• Flashlight with extra batteries.
• Comfortable walking or hiking boots and socks.
• Sandals or walking shoes.
• Wipes or moist towelettes.
Please leave your jewelry behind. If you wear a watch, a hard-wearing type is recommended.