Now you can make your vacation twice as nice with our special back-to-back DreamTrips. Start with Austria City Sights by Land & Water
(November 17-20), then add a second amazing trip that travels November 22-25* — you can choose from either Prague Sights & Food Delights
or Breathtaking Budapest & Strudel-Making Fun
! This way, you can sample some of Europe’s greatest cities in one amazing, extended journey!*Need to book a room for November 20 and 21? We can help! Take advantage of our options for a post-night stay in Vienna, and a pre-night stay in your choice of either Prague or Budapest. Click BOOK IT, then select from the options available at the bottom of the “Check Availability” section.
When you visit this pretty city on the Danube on this Platinum DreamTrip, you’re immediately struck by gorgeous architecture that reflects the city’s roots in the Austrian-Hungarian Empire. But this cultural hub also reveals a fresh sensibility, evident in Modernist buildings, eclectic art and a sophisticated food-and-wine scene.
Start your adventure in a region that’s designed a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Wachau Cultural Landscape (commonly referred to as “Wachau Valley”). This area is packed with natural and cultural sights including imposing monasteries, castle ruins, quaint towns, verdant vineyards and more. Then, board a boat and sail down the Danube River to Durnstein, where you’ll learn about the saga of King Richard the Lionheart. While at Spitz, you can explore this medieval market town with a church and main square. You’ll end the day at Sandgrube where you’ll have a wine-tasting experience.
The following day you’ll get acquainted with the city on your bus tour around the Ringstrasse (Vienna Ring Road). See the city’s famous landmarks — including Vienna State Opera, the Museum of Fine Arts, Austrian Parliament Building and more. Your final stop is 13th-century Hofburg imperial palace, home to Sisi Museum, Imperial Apartments and Silver Collection.What we love:
• In Wachau, you’ll visit Baroque-style Melk Abbey, built in 1089 and overlooking the Danube River.
• The Historic Centre of Vienna was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2001 thanks to its cultural value — it’s a leading music city, and home to significant Medieval and Baroque structures.
• St. Peter’s Church was rebuilt as the result of a vow made by Emperor Charles VI to fix the damage made by the 1679-1680 plague.
• Your hotel is within walking distance of plentiful sightseeing stops, including the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Nicholas, Belvedere and the Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna.
• To maximize your enjoyment, download the DreamTrips™ app
to access DreamTrips Local
— then earn points on dining, entertainment, spa experiences & more at select spots recommended by DreamTrippers just like you!